LOCATION & VENUE
The World Ophthalmology Congress 2024 will be held at the renowned Vancouver Convention Center, nestled on the beautiful waterfront of Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. This world-renowned facility not only offers a stunning blend of modern architecture and breathtaking natural beauty but also maintains a strong commitment to eco-conscious practices, from use of the latest green technologies to the adoption of green initiatives.
Address: Vancouver Convention Centre, 1055 Canada Pl, Vancouver, BC V6C 0C3, Canada
The venue is located in the heart of downtown Vancouver where everything is accessible by foot – from hotel accommodations to an exciting variety of restaurant, entertainment, retail and recreational options.
The distance between the Vancouver Airport (YVR) and the Vancouver Convention Centre is around 15 km. The journey time is around 30 minutes.
HOW TO GET TO THE VENUE
There are several ways to get to the Vancouver Convention Centre, depending on where you are coming from and what mode of transportation you prefer. Here are some possible options:
- If you are coming from the Vancouver International Airport (YVR), you can take the Canada Line rapid transit system, which departs from the airport every 6 minutes and takes about 25 minutes to reach the Waterfront Station, which is a short walk from the convention centre.
- If you prefer to take a taxi or a limo, you can find them outside the airport terminal. The travel time is about 30 minutes.
- If you choose to drive from the airport, the travel time is about 30 minutes.
- If you are coming from elsewhere in Metro Vancouver, you can use the transit system, which includes buses, SkyTrain, and SeaBus. You can plan your trip using the TransLink website (Click here) or app.
- If you are feeling adventurous, you can also take a scenic float plane to the convention centre. There are several operators that offer flights from various locations in British Columbia and Washington State. The float plane terminal is located next to the convention centre on the Coal Harbour waterfront.
CANADA ENTRY REQUIREMENTS | WHO NEEDS A VISA?
We strongly advise that if you require a VISA to enter Canada, you begin the process as soon as possible to ensure your attendance at the WOC2024. All VISA applications will be handled solely by you.
For details of requirements and application procedures for Business Visitors attending meetings, events and conferences in Canada, please check out this page (here) on the official website of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
Most people need a Visa OR an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) to travel to Canada – not both. Some people may only need their valid passport. Find out what you need via this link: click here.
Other documents such as an invitation letter from the Canadian host, proof you have the financial means for a trip to Canada, or a round-trip ticket, may be required from you. For more information in this regard, contact the local consular services of Canada in your country of residence.